[mdr-users] Programmatic model generation via MDR
NickL
2007-01-03 19:15:27 UTC
My team wants to express its model in our own text (YAML) format, rather than
via a WYSIWYG UML tool, and be able to use it in Andromda. To do that, we
need to be able to programmagically build an XMI representation of our model
after parsing our YAML files. Does MDR provide an API for defining a model
(including classes, associations, attributes, operations, etc.) from scratch
programmatically, and then exporting it to XMI?
From the example at the bottom of http://mdr.netbeans.org/example.html it
looks like this might be possible starting with
ProjectFactory.createProject(), but I've been unable to find documentation
which details how this might be done. Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick
Tom Morris