[mdr-users] error in the check out
m m
2008-01-01 17:01:10 UTC
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am strugglin to install MDR and use it in my computer,
I use windows XP and Netbeans 6.
the problem when I use:
cvs checkout standard_nowww apisupport_nowww mdr_nowww
to downoload the cvs packages,
it works very good and the process start very well but after few minutes I get error whcih cause stopping for the process, the error message is:

cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file CVS/Entries.Backup to CVS/Entries: Permission denied.

I checked in the internet to find solution for that, I just found one topic which shows the problem could be caused by antivirus, so I stopped the antivirus, but the problem still occur.

please help me , I have deadline for my project which is coming soon

Best Regards

Abraham

---------------------------------
Petr Hrebejk
2008-01-01 17:31:47 UTC
Looks like a problem on your computer. Try to rename the file manually.
Is it possible? If not try to find out why?

I really can't help you with this. I have no idea what could be wrong on
your system. I don't use the the OS you use.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51438/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>
Abraham_m

Abraham_m
Bill Mollett
2008-01-09 19:20:43 UTC
I have had this problem in the past. In fact I reproduced it just now on my
Mac. If I perform a CVS checkout to a local drive, the problem does NOT
occur, but if I use a Firewire-attached disk, it happens
several times:

cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file .new.qa_result to
qa_results_old_ep.sql: No such file or directory

or it might say "cannot rename file CVS/Entries.Backup to CVS/Entries: File
exists".

If you are already using a local disk, just repeat the check out command,
and it will restart where it left off (or atleast it does for me).

I think it has something to do with a timing issue between the client, and
server, but don't know exactly what or why ... HTH