[mdr-users] Re: MDR Javadoc gone AWOL
John Sichi
2008-04-03 22:18:48 UTC
Good point. Well, in that case, might as well see if anyone is
interested in a migration path we've developed over at Eigenbase...

The project is called Enki, and is fairly close to a transparent
drop-in replacement for runtime usage of MDR, but based on Hibernate
for the persistence (something which was discussed on this list quite a
while back). Model-driven code generation is used to create pojos
which implement the JMI interfaces. It still depends on the original
MDR codebase for a few aspects such as XMI export/import.

Design docs are coming together here:

http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/EnkiDesign

No sf.net release has been made yet, but the source code is available
at perforce.eigenbase.org:

http://p4web.eigenbase.org///open/enki/

A downloadable tarball distribution is also checked into Perforce:

http://p4web.eigenbase.org///open/dev/thirdparty/eigenbase-enki-0.1.0.tar.gz

If this is interesting to anyone, let me know if you'd like to
participate in the project.

JVS
users Digest 2 Apr 2008 15:32:26 -0000 Issue 592
Re: MDR Javadoc gone AWOL?
3567 by: John V. Sichi
3568 by: Tom Morris
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:25:34 -0700
Subject: Re: MDR Javadoc gone AWOL?
Hello? Anybody home?
JVS
http://www.netbeans.org/download/dev/javadoc/org-netbeans-api-mdr
is now redirecting to
http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/javadoc/org-netbeans-api-mdr/index.html
which gives a 404.
JVS
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:32:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [mdr-users] Re: MDR Javadoc gone AWOL?
Given that Sun has dropped MDR from NetBeans, it seems likely that
hosting of the Javadoc (and sources?) is living on borrowed time.
(It
would be considerate of them to reply though).
Tom